A Memorable Evening Celebrating Local Food
As the sun sets on another beautiful season, we are thrilled to share the highlights of our recent Farm-to-Table Dinner, which marked the grand finale of our seasonal gatherings. This special event was a celebration of local food, featuring the incredible talents of our farmers, chefs, and culinary experts, and we couldn't have asked for a more memorable evening.
At this last event of the season, we had the honor of celebrating the hard work and dedication of Mike and Kim Finger of Cedarville Farm, whose bountiful vegetables graced our plates alongside our own delectable pork offerings. It was a true farm-to-table experience, showcasing the best of what our local region has to offer.
In the heart of the action were our exceptional culinary team. Chef Curtis, who is not only a master in the kitchen but also a farmer alongside us, led the charge. He was joined by none other than Nicole Carter, a seasoned culinary arts instructor at Bellingham Technical College. Fun fact: Nicole had once been Curtis's instructor when he embarked on his culinary journey at the college. Their reunion in the kitchen was a delightful sight, and their combined expertise truly shone through in every dish.
Backing them up were Max and Hannah McDonald, who lent their culinary skills to create a seamless and delightful dining experience for all our guests. Their contributions were invaluable, and we are grateful for their dedication and talent.
The Farm-to-Table Dinner wouldn't have been complete without the warm words and testimonials from our beloved guests. It's moments like these that remind us why we do what we do. Hearing about the joy and satisfaction our guests derived from the evening's offerings filled our hearts with gratitude.
- "You are doing wonderful work on the farm and I appreciate that you share what you are doing and how you are doing it with city folks. The bonus is we get to enjoy the fruits of all your hard work and dedication! Thank you!"
- "Very enjoyable evening! Food was great! Atmosphere great! Loved all the connections with the Fingers and Cedarville Farm."
- "Great evening. Flawless."
- "All the courses were great, but my favorite was the soup. Please pass along to the cooking staff how awesome their food was. It was very tasty. We would definitely attend again, especially if there was another farm featured and the menu is constantly changing. Thanks everyone!"
- "I loved the the variety of the event - the farm tour, the weather, the amazing food and service!"
- "I loved learning more about the farm and hearing from Chef Curtis about the ingredients in each course."
As we reflect on this season's Farm-to-Table Dinners, we're reminded of the careful planning and consideration that go into making each event a success. The goal has always been to provide an authentic and immersive experience, connecting you with the food we grow and the people who make it all possible.
As we look ahead, we're uncertain about the possibility of hosting more Farm-to-Table Dinners next year. However, we encourage you to stay tuned to our mailing list. By doing so, you'll be the first to know about any exciting new opportunities to celebrate local food with us in the future. Your support and enthusiasm mean the world to us, and we can't wait to share more delicious experiences with you if the opportunity arises.
In the meantime, we want to express our heartfelt gratitude for being a part of our Farm-to-Table Dinner series this season. Your presence and support have made these events truly special, and we can't thank you enough for joining us on this culinary journey.
Wishing you a season filled with the flavors of local goodness and the warmth of community.
With gratitude and best wishes,
Katie & Matthew